Dianne A. Plummer P.E.
ADAPTABLE. RESILIENT. PASSIONATE.
Growing up in Jamaica, I always knew I wanted to be involved in science. Falling in love with science started when my mom bought me a toy chemistry set. Now as a STEM professional, my passion is to incorporate innovation in energy to help safeguard the environment.
KEY POINTS ABOUT ME
- I am a highly adaptable results-oriented professional engineer, with eleven years of experience ready to make a lasting impact in the field of engineering.
- Ambitious problem solver, strategic thinker, and tactical decision-maker with exceptional communication
and analytical skills.
- Positive team player with high ethical standards and a willingness to collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate product and process development.
MORE ABOUT ME
I am STEM professional and less than 33% of STEM graduates are female. Coupled with this, less than 3% are black women. It is empowering to be in the field of engineering and to be able to use math and science to solve problems. My journey started by obtaining a BEng in chemical engineering at the University of Technology Jamaica, followed by an MSc in Mechanical Engineering (Sustainable Energy) from Royal Insititute of Technology, Sweden, and an MSc from Aalto University with a focus on Bioenergy. I have recently completed a certification in Energy Management from the Association of Energy Engineers.
Passion, resilience, failures, and growth have all been a part of my journey as a STEM professional. Throughout my educational and professional journey, I have experienced trials and each lesson helped to contribute to the awards that I received. My awards include the New Exporter of the Year, Diamond Trailblazer Award, Scotia Bank Top Achiever Award, GNITE Innovation Award, KIC InnoEnergy Category A Scholarship, and the Reginald and Irene Hendrikson Scholarship.
OTHER NOTABLE SKILLS
- Ability to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions
- Technical Training Development
- Communication Skills and Business Operations
- Ability to teach and train others